4.01.2012

Weekly Summary: Mar. 26-Apr. 1

03-26-12
Mon-PM: 9 mi (1:25)
Bridge Which Must Not Be Named (2x)
Greenway (GW) to the Mississippi trail (MT). A gloriously gray day, with the kind of wind that likes to howl at you. If I had a son. . . I think today would have been a good day to teach him the blessings and the curses of spitting into and with the breeze. Somewhere I heard there were gusts from 35-50 mph. I believe it. Nevertheless; even with all the grayness, I did find some color:


03-27-12
Tue-AM: 7.5 mi (1:15)
11th Ave. (2x), Franklin St. (1x), Washington Ave. (1x), 5th St. (1x)
Downtown Minneapolis, to the U, to the riverfront, and--after taking a left here and few rights there--back on my front doorstep. With Glen, Steve, and Tom. A later start at 7:30a and a slighter longer run fit well with the BCS spring break vibes.

03-28-12
Wed-PM: 8 mi (1:12) + 3 mi (:29)
Bridge Which Must Not Be Named (1x)
Leg 1: GW to Calvin, to meet up with Ashley after school (but not a surprise this time). Leg 2: one loop around Lake Calhoun w/Ashley! After the yellow shine and the high 70Fs last week, the weather has dropped back into conditions more typical of March: +50Fs, wind, and lots of gray clouds that seem to always carry a constant threat of rain.

03-29-12
Thu: 0
Rest.

03-30-12
Fri-PM: 15 mi (2:19)
Bridge Which Must Not Be Named (2x)
GW to MT. Enjoyed taking some new shoes (MT110s) out for a long test-run. Not bad.

03-31-12
Sat-PM: 3 mi (:33)
Lake St. (1x), Franklin St. (1x)
Along the riverfront, with Ashley!

04-01-12
Sun-PM: 4.5 mi (:49)
11th Ave. (2x), Hennepin Ave. (1x), Merriam St.  (1x), Stone Arch (1x)
Downtown Minneapolis, with Ashley! I think we decided that this was the first time we've actually run across the Stone Arch bridge together, ever. Check. A fitting day for the sun to show for the first time this week.

From one bridge to two others...
Totals: 50.0 mi (8:02, 17 bridges)

1 comment:

Ashley said...

LOVE the flower picture!